Friday, February 20, 2009

Re-inspired at last!

I know I've been pretty lazy with the blogging but I think I got caught in my usual winter rut that typically occurs around post-xmas time until the first scent of spring air. I hate this time of year the most...I think it is brought on by the hype up to xmas that ends abruptly at midnight on Dec 26th. That is when I am officially over the snow and freezing cold weather, am financially recovering from xmas all together, and overdone with cabin fever that it drives me to the brink of insanity. This year was a bit tougher, being that I am super confined to the indoors with the kiddies. As soon as warmer weather hits and the ground isn't muddy anymore, I will be able to take them outside to play and get a bit of fresh air myself so it'll be better. I also hate how freaking dark it is all of the time. By the time Em gets the kids (4-4:30ish) I only have about 30-45 minutes of daylight left. Its so damn depressing! I long to move somewhere warmer, but that is a whole other issue that me and Ant have been debating over for a long time now.


The last two months have just been the usual routine: babysitting, Outback, mommy & wife. I haven't been doing a whole lot of lia sophia stuff but that is quickly changing. Next month, I am signing two girls onto my team. One more girl and I am earning my trip to Cancun for 2010! Its very exciting stuff. One of my personal goals is to be promoted to a Unit Manager which I believe is very attainable over the next couple of months. This June, I will be attending my first conference for the company and I am SUPER pumped about our celebrity guest speakers. One of them is Bill Rancic, who I could care less about but he will be joined onstage by his wife Guilianna DePandi Rancic of E! news and I am flipping to see her! I love her! The next speaker is...drumroll...TIM FREAKING GUNN!!! You heard me right, project runway fans, I will be seeing him live in person! I absolutely adore him and both of his shows on Bravo. The conference is in Milwaukee and Ant is going to go with me for a little getaway. We will be flying into Cincinnati, Ohio, after it is over, to meet up with our friends who will be there for a wedding in northern Kentucky. We'll spend a few days there and drive back with our friends. I'm pretty stoked at the thought of a little vacation. And most of it will be a business write off! Gotta love it!


This Valentine's Day was alot of fun. Me and Ant were planning a little romantic dinner and movie but my mom called that morning and informed me of a last minute family gathering b/c Aunt Patty, Uncle Mike, and Breanne drove up for the Nascar 500 race. It was sooo much fun and I was so grateful to spend the night with my awesome fam. There was a ton of us there! I love seeing family that I don't get to see often. It was so nice to see Aunt Patty too. She shocked us with how amazing she looks! You'd never know she had been through several rounds of chemo/radiation. I swear she is going to be the miracle of the family(As well as Tricia and Joe, who we pray for every day as well)! She also has converted several of us to the "raw food" diet that she has been following. Em is pretty much 100% but I have been slowly adding elements of the diet to my lifestyle. It really is a fascinating lifestyle change that produces amazing results, although it does require an extreme amount of self control. I am trying to do breakfast, lunch, and snacks with a healthy dinner. I am motivated with the fact that bikini season will be here before we know it!


I was thinking the other day about the topic of "guilty pleasures" and although I have too many to list, one of them I must confess b/c its kind of cheesy but whatever. There are a plethora of girls out there who have these fashion/makeup/hair VLOGS (video-blogs) that they post on youtube and I cannot stop watching them. My favorite is this girl named DulceCandy87 who is this tiny little Mexican girl who lives in California and just got out of the army. She is sooo pretty and funny and looks exactly like Jessica Alba. But in all seriousness, I have learned so freaking much from her. She gives the greatest hair tutorials and I try out most of them on myself. I used to have two left thumbs when it came to doing my own hair but this girl has helped me out. I have even thought about doing my own little vlog, based mainly on fashion. I have always wanted to be a personal stylist/shopper but never really ventured into that field. I know it may sound crazy and maybe the cabin fever has really gotten to me but I think it'd be kind of fun and also act as a creative outlet for me to channel my stress into. lol. Whether people watched it or not, I think I might just give it a try. I will keep you posted on that for sure. What are your guilty pleasures? http://www.youtube.com/user/DulceCandy87


Well I think that is enough for now...this weekend should be fun. Tonight is going to be calm and relaxed, just me, Ant, and Sophia. I think we may finally watch "Step-Brothers" that I borrowed from my little bro. Tomorrow morning is my weekly clean-fest and tomorrow night we'll prob do something with the fam for Dan's bday. Sunday morning we'll prob do some laundry or just hang out and then I have to work Sunday night. Then its Monday all over again. Sigh. I wish weekends would last just a little bit longer sometimes...I hope you all enjoy yours as well! xoxoxox


1 comment:

Tricia said...

I am so jealous that you'll be in the same room with TIM GUNN!!! He is my absolute favorite!! I love him to death. I think I'd also be a little terrified in my wardrobe selection. LOL

Have tons of fun!! Glad you're blogging again.