Monday, March 9, 2009

10 Days til Spring!!!

This weekend was very low key and laid back...exactly what I was hoping for. Friday night I had a jewelry party from 6-9 so I got home around 9:30 and Pasquale & Kelly had stopped by for a little bit after having dinner out. It was sooo nice to see them as we haven't been able to hang out for a while now due to all of our busy schedules. It was super fun and exciting to talk about the wedding, I still have wedding fever even though mine is over so at least I get to re-live the fun stuff all over again. After they left, me & Ant snuggled for a bit on the couch and passed out watching a movie...we were both pooped from a busy week.

Saturday brought GORGEOUS weather and it finally felt like spring was on its way! The air smelled so fresh and clean, the sun was shining, the air was warm. I opened every single window in my apartment and just enjoyed the breezes flowing in, pushing out the leftover stagnancy of winter. Me & Sophia didn't do much, just lounged for the whole morning and watched movies. In the afternoon we went over to Hannaford to pick up some groceries...and I ended up being $4 under my $30 budget...woohoo! I even put back the devil dogs after fighting long and hard to rationalize buying them...but they just were not necessary. And they were too damn expensive! I decided I would bake a chocolate cake instead b/c I already had all of the stuff at home but in the end I didn't even do that, but at least I stuck to my budget! It is so weird having a cash only budget for groceries but I found myself buying things that we really needed and a few treats that I wanted too. But those treats outweighed my desire for devil dogs so in the end they stayed on the shelf. lol. That night I made a yummy taco lasagna that I had a recipe for and it was actually pretty good! After dinner, we went to Sam's Club to return our water cooler bottles to get back our deposit and then we headed over to Lowe's to browse around. Ant got us an insane deal on a washer and dryer and I really wanted to see them. The builder of the house was going to put in a standard pair but b/c we got our own he is going to compensate us in cash. I am so in love with them too...I never thought I would get so excited about a washer and dryer but these were too good to pass up:


We got them in the same color as the pic and the dryer looks exactly like the washer. They normally retail at $3000 but we got them for $1000. We got them so reasonable b/c they were missing the little rubber feet on the bottom. I can do without rubber feet to save $2000!Supposedly they are super efficient as well, saving us $$ in the long run on water and electric. The dryer will completely dry a load in 30 minutes! I can't wait to do laundry! lol. We also picked out a really pretty shower door for our master bath. I fell in love with a glass one by kohler but of course it was over $500 so we settled on another on that is on sale for $100 but Ant might be able to get it for less and he will also get his store discount. Oh how I love my husband's job sometimes! These doors aren't the ones that we are getting but the design is the same idea, just not quite as fancy...





After we were done at Lowes we headed home, put on another movie and passed out. Hey I meant it when I said low key!!!

Sunday brought us another gorgeous day and due to DST we lost an hour of sleep. At least we gain an hour of sunlight everyday so I feel it is a fair trade. I am welcoming the fact that spring is officially 10 days away and I will take all of the sunlight that I can get. Anthony had to work during the day so me and Sophia hung around and played "tea-party" which is her new favorite game. Then at 4:30 I had to be at work, so off to make some $$ I went. The restaurant was a good mix of being busy but not overly crowded. My bff, Nicole, brought me a sushi roll from our fav place, Tai Fu, so that was beyond stellar of her. It definitely hit the spot that night when I got a chance to actually eat it. My shift flew by and after making a quick $100 I headed home to have a glass of wine and pass out.

Now it is Monday, and a rainy Monday at that! I was chosen as one of five advisors in my region to participate in a special training program that lia sophia is testing out. It is called the "hip" program which means that someone above you chooses you to "mentor" or "take you on their hip." It simply consists of 8 weekly conference calls every Monday and then having a 15 minute conversation with my "mentor" to discuss my progress and exchange ideas. I was very honored to be chosen by my region manager and she has told me on several occasions that she can see me moving up into higher management with lia sophia. It definitely motivates me b/c I love this company so much and can see myself doing this long-term. Tonight is also girl's night and we are soo excited about the season 5 premiere of The Hills on March 30th. Sadly though, this will be the last season so it is very bittersweet for us as this show is our absolute favorite! We are gathering at Nicole's house this evening and I am going to make a taco cheese ball that I had gotten from a Tastefully Simple party a while back. It is very rainy and gloomy out but at least it is not cold and snowy! I hope everyone's weeks are starting out great! Ciao! xoxox


1 comment:

Lay said...

Love the washer, Love the dryer, Love the shower doors, love the savings!! Love that you are so happy!! I cant wait to see your casa... love you!!