Thursday, February 18, 2010

Seeing Dreams Come True

Currently I am reading, "The Vision Board, The Secret to an Extraordinary Life" by Joyce Schwarz and I am loving it. It is filled with beautiful pictures and inspiring examples of others work. Thus far I have loosely understood the purpose of a vision board but this book helps take it a step further for me. It goes into explaining how visioning sessions work and the importance of using power words to find your personal visioning statement. I have deeply meditated on finding my very own power words to help guide me and I have narrowed it down to two: freedom & security. I feel that if I strive to include these in every aspect of my life, I will be well covered. Therefore, my personal vision statement will be, "I am free to be myself and secure with who I am!" How else are these powerful words to be useful to my life? Let me share a few snippets from a recent journal entry on the subject:
Relationships-Secure enough in my relationships with others to feel Free to be myself
Money- Freedom to spend as I wish and Security to know that my needs are always met first
Travel- Freedom to explore with a Secure and comfortable home to return to
Food- Freedom to enjoy food and drink because I am Secure with my body and health
Work/lia sophia dream career- Freedom to work as I wish with the Security that it will stay that way for as long as I desire it so

Now I will open myself up to certain images that will help bring these thoughts to fruition. I will scour magazines, books, Internet, any form of media that inspires me and drives me to stay on track with my personal vision statement. I will attach these images to a poster board and will put it somewhere where I can reflect/focus on what it is that I want in this life for myself and the loved ones I surround myself with.

You can make your own vision board for certain occasions, something desired, or for a generalized plan of your life as I am doing. This method has been used by historic legends of the past, huge businesses and corporations, successful celebrities, and everyday individuals like you and me. It is a very powerful tool that can incorporate great happiness and success in your life. Why not start right now?
Ciao-xoxo

1 comment:

Dana said...

glad to c u posting again! love this idea! nice seeing u guys yesterday!