Friday, October 24, 2008

TGIF!!!

Ahhh...the end of another week and boy am I glad to know that tomorrow is Saturday, and I have zero plans! Never have I been a person who would be happy about nothing to do, but life has been busy, therefore, the opportunity to do nothing is quite rare! Tonight we are having Ant's parents, his cousin, her hubby, and their kids over for dinner. We try and get together at a different person's home once a month and tonight it is our turn to host. We'll be making a big tossed salad, our re-creation of Outback's "Alice Spring's Chicken", and some garlic mashed potatoes. I have plenty of leftover wine from our wedding, so some Bud for my father-in-law and we'll be set! As busy as things have become, we always try to schedule in family and friend time. It is definitely something that I have learned I need in my life. Balance is absolutely essential for me to function, I have to have my alone time, social time with others, time with just my hubby, and time alone with my hubby & daughter. Otherwise I feel like I am lacking something and I get grouchy. Grouchy is never fun.

On another note...this week I did very well financially so I caved and bought the Ugg boots that I have been lusting over. Anyone who knows me, knows that I worship my Uggs and basically live in them through fall & winter. I have two pairs that I received as a gift for my 21st bday and neither one has shown a bit of wear & tear. Of course they need a good cleaning but they have no strings or stitches sticking out and the soles are like new. And they keep my feet nice & toasty all day long. I do not care who says they are "UGG-ly", haha, or out of style...I love them and I will not be giving them up anytime soon. So, as of right now, my new black, crochet Uggs are on their way...come to mama!

On Sunday, I had gotten a free night off from work due to a faulty fire alarm issue, and Ant had gone to his parents to get Sophia after our night in Atlantic City. So I took advantage of the few hours alone, and watched one of the greatest movies ever made, "Atonement". It was on HBO on Demand, so if you have HBO I strongly suggest watching it. If not, it is a surefire bet at the video store! I can't tell you too much without ruining it, but it is full of twisted, tragic love and deceit. The cinematography is amazing and the scenes are so beautiful your heart will ache. Keira Knightly and James McAvoy make the most extraordinary on-screen couple and they carry the movie the whole way through. The rest of the cast is good, but those two make the movie come alive. I love finding good movies, especially ones this good. Atonement has definitely earned a mark on my 'favorite movies of all time' list. (Saving Private Ryan, Baz Lurhmann's Romeo & Juliet, Marie Antoinette, Atonement, Pirates of the Caribbean 1-3, All Harry Potter movies, Amelie) There is nothing like snuggling in and escaping into a different world for a few hours. Maybe after our guests leave later, I will be able to coax Anthony into watching Atonement too.

I hope everyone had a great week and has an even better weekend! xoxox

1 comment:

Tricia said...

Meg, thanks for the movie recommendation! I've actually been wanting to see that movie but its not Joe's style. I'll have to watch it while he's out of town this week.