Friday, April 3, 2009

Strong words are like a band-aid when you're feeling wounded & weak...

I am in an awful mood. Its cold and rainy. We're still waiting to close on our f'ing house. I am living out of a freaking U-Haul. And my 2 cats are staying with Ant's bff, Pasquale, so I miss them very much. I just want to be settled already. I hate having a nervous feeling in the pit of my stomach. To top it off I just read some very sad news on one of my favorite cousin's blog. It just made me cry and cry b/c they are such amazing people and deserve the best. I love them very much but they are strong and I know that they will get through this together. In respect to all of this sadness and anxiety I would just like to use this blog to share some of my favorite quotes that have honestly helped me when times have gotten rough. They are honestly words that I live by. Maybe they aren't geared towards the stress that I am having but in any situation they have come in handy and helped ease my mind. I hope everyone is as happy as I am that it is Friday. Enjoy your weekend! Ciao bella's and bello's!!! xoxox

Starting with Einstein (known for his pure geniusness, I highly agree):

"Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions. "-Albert Einstein (this one is special b/c I totally think he is talking about the Law of Attraction here and since I am an avid believer in this, I find it fascinating that Einstein used it to govern his life as well)

"I never think of the future - it comes soon enough."
Albert Einstein

"I shall never believe that God plays dice with the world."
Albert Einstein

"I think and think for months and years. Ninety-nine times, the conclusion is false. The hundredth time I am right."
Albert Einstein

"Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized."
Albert Einstein (we are all equals in our own right, no one is better than the other and we should be respected for who we are and how we are all unique and different)

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds."
Albert Einstein (My Absolute Favorite quote of all time, my next tattoo will be of these words. It is so special to me for many, many reasons that are very personal and sacred but I feel I am a stronger person b/c of it and I have finally been able to respect myself and love myself for who I am and not what other's think I should be.)

"No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it."
Albert Einstein

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value."
Albert Einstein

Other assorted quotes that I like as well:

"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
John Churton Collins

"It has been my philosophy of life that difficulties vanish when faced boldly." Isaac Asimov

"You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind."Author Unknown

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life" Winston Churchill

"At the end of the game, the king and the pawn go back in the same box." italian proverb (another personal favorite)

***Pretty much I could go on and on with a compilation of words that inspire, motivate, and lift my chin up in this crazy game of life. Please feel free to share your favorite quotes as well!***

No comments: