Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Welcome to Pennsylvania!

Good Morning! Today is my last day with the kids (tear, sniff sniff) due to my new home being 40 minutes away. Emily has spring break starting tomorrow and then the kids will begin pre-school/daycare. It is sad and I am going to miss them but it will be good all around. They will get to meet new kids and make new friends. I loved the fact that Sophia was able to spend 5 days a week with her cousins and they have such a bond that is worth its weight in gold. Now me and Em have a good excuse to hang out more and eat sushi, lol.

Speaking of my new house, we have finally closed and moved in! It is so exciting and I am so in love with it. I am so relieved that the stress of buying and moving is over. I was so stressed that I thought my eyeballs were going to pop out. We ended up living with my in-laws for a few days due to the delay of the closing but they were great about making us feel at home and I have to admit it was a little sad when we left to go spend our first night in the house. I enjoyed waking up and having coffee with Vicki and Bill and having dinner with them at night. Sophia was so cute, she made her own little routine and bonded with their dog, Tequila. It is nice living closer to them, we are only 10 minutes down the road. Moving on to the topic of living in Milford. Even though it is only about 20 minutes from the NY border and 40 minutes from Middletown, the differences are vast. First of all, the pace is alotttt slowwwwer. The speed limits are slower, the cars drive slower, people take their time. Everyone seems more relaxed, even the deer are friendlier. They don't even run away when a car drives by. They just continue to eat along the side of the road and do their thing (this could be a problem however and I hope I don't have to do a blog post on actually hitting one). We also have wild turkeys and bears. I haven't actually seen a bear but I hear that they are quite fond of garbage cans so I am sure I will soon. We are still waiting on our dining room and living room furniture so as soon as we get those I will post some pics. We also have a guest bedroom now so if anyone needs a place to stay when they visit, come join me in the sticks of Pennsylvania!!

On Saturday I was asked to help out at the Bashakill Winery in Westbrookville. It was so much fun and I met a bunch of really cool people. Em & Kev even visited me and hung out. Wine is something that I love love love so it was a job that was right up my alley! I brought home a few bottles to share and they disappeared quite fast. I can honestly say that his wine is the best I have ever had. First of all, it is 100% organic and pesticide free, and every wine is very different from the other and so full of flavor. I am going to be helping him out on May 16th for an evening event that he is hosting. He is having a live band and two of the guys are original band members of Meatloaf. I am quite excited about it and am looking forward to another fun night of "work" there. Check out the website: http://www.bashakillvineyards.com

I am not going to be able to post for about a week due to our cable not being hooked up til next Thursday. However, I am going to do another blog post today on my tips for visiting Las Vegas. My cousin, Tricia and her hubby, Joe are going on a vacation there so I figured it would be a good way to help her out with her planning. I hope everyone is doing great and having an awesome Wednesday! The weekend will be here in a few days! Saturday is Sophia's 2nd birthday so we are going to have a busy day and Sunday is Easter but unfortunately I have to work so I hope everyone eats plenty of ham for me! Ciao! xoxoxo

3 comments:

Tricia said...

Congratulations on your new home! I can't wait to see it!

Dana said...

I want to taste this wine! if u read my blog, u know i'm all about organic lol so i'm actually really interested! maybe i can get out there in may when you're there...

now we have to meet up mrs pennsylvania! you for coffee and me for some tea... i know some cute places in milford and here... let me know when you're settled!

congrats!!!!

Lay said...

I can't wait to see it friday & help you create the jewlery room of your dreams!! I love you guys so much!